Tour the Haight District and Dine with Legendary Rock Critic Joel Selvin
Turn on, tune in, and drop out with one of music’s most respected journalists. This unforgettable experience for rock fans will bring you to the doorstep of San Francisco’s counterculture revolution.... more less
It’s been 50 plus years since the Summer of Love in San Francisco, yet the music from that unforgettable era remains as influential as ever. Walk with Joel through the Haight and hear the unbelievable stories of a man who rubbed shoulders with the biggest artists of the time, including Jerry Garcia, David Crosby, and more. Then sit down to lunch together and hear Joel’s behind-the-scenes anecdotes from his best-selling book, Summer of Love: The Inside Story of LSD, Rock & Roll, Free Love and High Time in the Wild West.
This experience includes:
- A walking tour for two (2) with Joel Selvin
- Lunch for two (2) with Joel Selvin
- Lunch for 2 people with Joel Selvin in San Francisco, CA.
- Guided walk with Joel Selvin in the historic Haight-Ashbury district.
- To be scheduled on a mutually agreed upon date in 2020; flexibility in scheduling is advised.
- Duration of experience will be approximately 2 hours.
- Restaurant location to be determined; dietary restrictions will be considered.
- Winner is responsible for cost of lunch for the group, including tax and gratuity.
- This experience must be redeemed within 1 year of the auction closing date.
- Transportation and accommodations are not included.
- Experience provided in English (US)
- By placing this order or bid, you agree to all terms of this Experience, including to share your contact information with the ACLU for the purpose of receiving special offers and other communications. This is a one-time opt-in. You may opt-out of communications from the ACLU at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This item may not be resold or re-auctioned in any circumstance.
- Meeting timing is always subject to the luminaries’ schedule, weather, etc. and there may be fluidity to the timing during the experience.
- Because of unforeseen circumstances with luminaries’ schedules, experiences may be canceled or rescheduled only by the luminary. To allow for a smoother, more nimble booking process, guests are strongly urged to arrange for refundable airfare and accommodations when travel is required.
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased.
How It Works