Fine Art Jewelry Lectures by an Esteemed Gemologist
Meriwether McGettigan invites you to her private salon for a talk that will give you a deeper appreciation of jewelry. Engage her expertise in topics ranging from animal-inspired designs, to gems from the highly experimental and innovative World War II period, to the artistry of two 20th-century luminaries, Paul Flato and Fulco di Verdura.... more less
You’re invited to the private salon of Meriwether McGettigan for a lecture on the history and art of fine jewelry. The experience begins with a cocktail reception, where you’ll have a chance to browse the boutique’s collection of glittering gems from Tiffany & Co., Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, and more. Shortly after, Meriwether will begin her talk. An engaging and gifted lecturer, Meriwether brings jewelry to life through a series of historical frameworks.
Depending on your group’s interest, she lecture on any one of the following topics: “Bejeweled Creatures,” a quick romp through the Victorian Period and the 20th century focusing on animals that fascinated jewelry designers and collectors during that time; “Jewelry in Wartime: 1939-1945,” a look at how this turbulent time changed how jewelry was created with such limited resources; or “The Wit & Whimsy of Flato & Verdura,” a review of the life and art of two very imaginative and creative men, Paul Flato and Fulco di Verdura. This brilliant experience will benefit an important charity.
- History of jewelry lecture by Meriwether McGettigan at her salon
- Includes a talk on your choice of topics:
1) Bejeweled Creatures (30 minutes)
2) Jewelry in Wartime: 1935 to 1945 (60 minutes)
3) The Wit & Whimsy of Flato and Verdura (60 minutes)
- Cocktails will be served
- This experience occurs at a mutually agreed upon time
- To host this experience at a venue of your choosing please contact IfOnly Concierge at 415 376 4640 for more information
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works