Private Tortilla, Tamal and Salsa Making Lesson with Award-Winning Cookbook Author
If you select the premium experience, the evening extends to a sit-down meal served family style. Share your newfound appreciation for the tortilla while sampling homemade salsas from class. Meanwhile, Chef Andrea and her team will be preparing street-food favorites that might include molcajete-made guacamole, Rancho Gordo black beans which have been cooked for 24 hours in a clay pot, sopes, and quesadillas.
Not only will you leave with a deeper appreciation of Mexican cuisine, this experience will benefit the charitable organization Tipping Point.
Travel Fee (in addition to experience price)
- Mexican street food class led by Chef Andrea Lawson Gray at a venue of your choice
- Learn, Cook, and Eat includes the above class as well as a dinner served plated or family style
- Each guest will receive a tortilla press and eCopies of recipes from the award-winning "Celebraciones Mexicanas"
- Learn and Cook includes a class in tamal, tortilla and salsa making
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- This experience is not available for Thanksgiving, December weekends, and New Year’s Eve
- Travel fee applies to venues more than 25 miles from San Francisco
How It Works