A Moveable Feast of Oysters, Champagne, and Local Delicacies at the Ferry Building with a Culinary Insider
Join Emmy-winning food journalist Liam Mayclem for an introduction to the Bay Area’s finest purveyors: from fresh oysters and cheese to homemade ice cream and decadent chocolate.... more less
Join culinary authority Liam Mayclem for a fun day exploring the many eateries and artisanal snacks in San Francisco’s famous Ferry Building. Start your delicious day with oysters and lunch at the newly renovated Hog Island Oyster Co. Then work your way through the many offerings of the Ferry Building including a cheese tasting at Cowgirl Creamery, home of Mt. Tam cheese—an elegant triple cheese. Right across is Humphrey Slocombe, known for curious and palate-enlivening ice cream flavors such as bacon and Blue Bottle coffee. Finally, stop at the Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant for some bubbly and a sweet ending at Recchiuti Chocolate (we recommend the burnt caramel almonds). Best of all, Liam will be guiding you through this truly amazing epicurean experience.
There is no local insider more qualified to show you around than Liam Mayclem. The Emmy award-winner is the host and producer of KCBS’ “Foodie Chap,” which celebrates Bay Area chefs and winemakers and takes viewers inside the best kitchens on the West Coast.
- Ferry Building tour led by Liam Mayclem in San Francisco
- Stops include:
- Hog Island Oyster Co.
- Cowgirl Creamery
- Humphrey Slocombe
- Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant
- Recchiuti Chocolate
- Per person price includes lunch at Hog Island Co. and bites along the tour
- This experience must be booked 1 week in advance
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Restuarant location is subject to change
How It Works