Boston Neighborhood Food Tour of Jamaica Plain
Venture past Fenway Park in the vibrant neighborhood of Jamaica Plain, Boston with us. Together we will sample delicious eats (this tour can be made vegan or vegetarian) and learn about Boston's history.... more less
It's a known secret that Jamaica Plain -- or "JP" to the locals -- has some of the tastiest and freshest food in Boston, but it's a bit hidden from the "beaten path" destinations such as nearby Fenway Park. In fact, some JP residents want to keep it that way, and this tight-knit community is definitely keen on preserving the neighborly feel. Originally part of Roxbury, Jamaica Plain was first home to wealthy and middle class residents who wanted to summer or live outside of the city where they worked. Later on, JP became very well known for America's First Craft Beer, Sam Adams, which is still brewed there today. On this exciting tour, we will take you around the popular Centre Street area of JP, which is chock full of delicious eats. We will sample a variety of local, independent concepts, often owned by JP residents themselves. This food tours runs approximately two hours, with four to six stops and includes all tastings. You will have the option to visit a local trendy brewery after the food tour as well.
- Start at the area's favorite purveyor of local goods
- Take a special tour of an Italianate Victorian luxury mansion
- Sample the freshest Mexican street food in the city
- Devour a sample of Lebanese specialties, a favorite in the area
- Try a special gourmet vegan treat at a local independent cafe
- Learn about the history of breweries in JP and relax at a micro-brewery
- IfOnly guests will receive a special extra sample of Lebanese meat
- Experience provided in English (US)
read fine print
- This experience is non-refundable once purchased
- Please email us with any dietary preferences at least 2 days before the experience.