An Introduction to the Agave Spirit World: History and Tasting at Matador
The tasting will start exploring the world of Tequila. Plan to learn more about the history and specification of Tequila, and indulge in a tasting of three samples including Joven, Reposado, and Extra Anego. Enjoy a smell of the Anejo for comparison and learn how odor is intertwined with taste. From there you’ll segway into Mezcal, Tequila’s older, “smokier” cousin. Explore the history and taste three samples, all with versatile flavors. You will also get to learn more about the Tequila and Mezcal compared to other lesser known agave spirits such as Sotols and Bacanoras. Indulge in one extra sample of your favorite selection of Tequila or Mezcal or explore one of the alternative options.
Throughout the tasting, you’ll get to enjoy small bites specially prepared by the chef. Enjoy things such as guacamole, esquite, queso fundido, and mini churros to compliment the agave flavors.
- Private, educational agave spirits tasting with paired bites at Matador restaurant
- Tasting led by the Bar or General Manager
- Sample Tequila (3 x 0.25oz), Mezcal (3 x 0.25oz) and one choice spirit (1 x 0.25oz)
- Paired with small bites including guacamole, esquite, queso fundido, and 1 mini churro (per person)
- Please advise of any food allergies prior to the experience taking place
- Price includes gratuity
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works