Neon Light Workshop with a Neon Bending Pro
Learn the process of making a neon sign from Bay Area artist and curator, Meryl Pataky. Practice bending in the fires and make a neon cactus for your home.... more less
Did you know that all neon is made 100% by hand? There is no machine-made neon. Why buy a cute neon accent for your home when you can make your own by hand?
This is a truly unique experience to learn the process of neon light making and make your own little neon cactus under the professional guidance of Mary Pataky. You will learn how neon is made and soak in all the science behind the craft. Meryl will do a brief overview of the process of bending and how colors are made.
You will be able to choose from colors Meryl has in stock and create a pink cactus, because you can!
- Study neon light making with a pro; Meryl will demo how it's done
- Do it yourself and practice in the fires with glass before you choose your color and make your piece
- Light it up and see the "bombarding" process of making the tube light and filling it with gas
- Learn how neon is made and soak in all the science behind the craft; Meryl will do a brief overview of the process of bending and how colors are made
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Power source for your neon is not included; all information will be given for you to purchase your own, they cost approximately $40
- Depending on circumstances, you may need to wait for your neon to be processed to light and pick up at a later time
How It Works