Private Tour of Watts Towers with an Art Historian: Celebrate South LA’s Diverse Art Culture
Enjoy private, scholarly tours of the renowned towers plus the current exhibition at Art + Practice. This interactive experience has been curated specifically for art enthusiasts.... more less
Comprised of 17 hand-built, mixed-media sculptures, LA's Watts Towers are widely considered a unique masterpiece–part architecture, part sculpture, pure imagination. Discover this one-of-a-kind monument, and learn how it fits into south LA’s unique cultural landscape, when you join an art historian for a private tour.
Accompanied by a local scholar, you and your guests will visit two of south LA’s most well-known landmarks of diversity, creativity, and urban renewal. First, travel to Simon Rodia’s famed towers and enjoy a rare academic perspective of the soaring structures. Next your group will visit Art + Practice, an exhibition space and foundation serving foster youth created by Mark Bradford, one of LA’s most famous contemporary artists. Funds from this experience will benefit Venice Arts, a community-based arts organization in Los Angeles working to offer high-impact education to low-income youths.
- Private tour for 4 of south Los Angeles cultural landmarks with an art historian
- Experience includes visits to Watt’s Towers and Art + Palace
- Schedulable only on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays
- Transportation not included
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works