Make Pottery on the Wheel at a San Francisco Art Gallery and Studio
Enjoy a clay making experience in this art gallery and ceramics studio space in the Mission. Experiment with the wheel and play with clay to create small pottery pieces and art.... more less
In this intimate hands-on class, ceramics artist and potter extraordinaire, Marieke, will teach you how to throw pottery on the wheel and play with clay. Located on the ground level of a beautiful Victorian built in the late 1800s, this ceramics studio also serves as a small art gallery to inspire and get your creative juices flowing.
The class will kick off with a brief history of the studio and gallery space, as well as a quick overview of ceramics. Then unwind and dive in hands first to learn how to shape the clay on the wheel by making a simple bowl or cup. From there you’ll move on to experiment with making other pieces of pottery and art with 6 lumps of clay.
Pieces will be professionally finished, fired, and glazed after the experience. You'll be able to choose from white, blue, or green for the glaze color. Pieces can be picked up 21 days later or shipped for an additional cost. Each class is limited to 4 people, so classes booked by less than 4 people in your party may include other outside guests. Classes booked by 4 people will be private.
- Learn how to throw pottery on the wheel from a seasoned instructor
- Play with clay and learn techniques to create your own pieces of art and pottery
- You will get to experiment and play with 6 pieces of clay
- Finished pieces will be professionally finished, fired, and glazed after the experience
- Classes booked by less than 4 people may include other outside parties
- Classes booked by 4 people will be private
- Pieces can be picked up 21 days later or may be shipped for an additional cost (choose your preferred method from above)
- Wear clothes you can get dirty
- Trim long nails if possible
- Bring a hair tie or clip for long hair
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works