Learn the Art of Glassmaking and Create a Glass Flower or Orb at Public Glass in San Francisco
Learn how to manipulate molten glass to create a beautiful flower or colorful orb with Public Glass in San Francisco. You'll also get an exclusive tour of the studios and learn about glassmaking's history.... more less
Try your hand at playing with fire under the supervision of a trained professional and create a beautiful piece of glass art to take home. You'll learn how to manipulate molten glass, add color, and shape it into a beautiful piece of solid glass art, either in the form of a flower or colorful class orb. To kick off this hands-on glassmaking class you’ll get an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Public Glass’ studios including the hot shop, flameworking and fusing studios, and the casting facility. During this experience, you’ll get to learn about the history and traditions of glassmaking from one of Public Glass’ expert artists.
You’ll of course be introduced to the ins and outs of studio safety, as well as hand tools, equipment, and hot working. The class covers body posture, gathering, shaping, and tool usage. Through guided instruction, you will be able to take home a totally original, functional work of art and leave with extensive knowledge of the history and art of glassmaking.
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00am, 11:30am, 3:00pm, 6:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00am, 12:30pm, 4:00pm
- Learn glassmaking by creating a beautiful glass flower or orb at Public Glass in San Francisco
- Learn about the history of glassmaking
- Private class to learn how to shape molten glass, add color, and shape it into solid glass art
- Get a private behind-the-scenes tour of Public Glass facilities
- Your glass creations will be ready for pickup the following day, or can be shipped to you for a fee
- Experience is for 14+
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works