Learn How to Draw with a Professional Artist at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
Spend the afternoon at The Met learning practical approaches to drawing and sketching while discovering the stunning sculpture and paintings in the museum's collection.... more less
You are invited to explore the vast collections at the Metropolitan Museum of Art with a professional artist and teacher, Maria Katzman. Learn new ways to express your creativity in this intimate lesson and have fun at the same time. You'll get to visit the American Wing, the European Sculpture room, and view inspirational Post-Impressionist paintings, or whatever appeals to your senses.
All levels of experience are welcome. Maria’s workshops will provide drawing instruction focusing on the basics, such as expressive mark-making, line quality, composition, linear perspective, proportion, value (shades of gray), light and shadow, which will be reviewed and reinforced during class.
Sketchbook drawing is an art unto itself requiring skills that can be taught; like how to hold the sketchbook, how to use the "basic unit" and how to perform "sighting" while sketching. The museum's galleries offer ample choices for burgeoning artists to sharpen their talents and all will walk away from this lesson with new skills, tips, and tricks.
Leave this experience with new skills and confidence to begin creating anything you like.
- Private drawing lesson for one to six guests at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City
- Learn basic drawing tips and practice, using the artwork in the Met as inspiration
- Staedtler Drawing Pencil, Strathmore Sketchbook provided, but guests may bring your own if you have a favorite
- All levels welcome
- Museum admission included
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works