Pondside Picnic at Philip Johnson Glass House, Masterpiece of Modernist Architecture
Enjoy a rustic lunch party at architect Philip Johnson’s iconic home in New Canaan. Includes access for up to six people to the Pond Pavilion.... more less
Built by famed architect Philip Johnson, the Glass House in New Canaan is a marvel of Modernist architecture and a stunning tribute to Connecticut’s natural beauty. IfOnly invites you to experience a rarely experienced side of this National Historic Landmark when you and your guests enjoy a picnic at the nearby Pond Pavilion.
Not usually accessible, the pond was once the favorite lunch spot of Philip Johnson himself. Arrange your visit during the property’s open season from May to November, then sit down to a delightful farm-to-table meal under the pavilion’s weathered stone arches. It’s also the perfect place to observe the Glass House on the grassy promontory above. Toast the architect whose groundbreaking works grace landscapes from Chicago to Germany. By meal’s end, you and your guests will have enjoyed world-class art, dining, and wonderful pastoral scenery in one unforgettable experience.
Photo credit: Michael Biondo.
- Picnic for up to six people at the Pond Pavilion near the Philip Johnson Glass House in New Canaan, CT
- To be scheduled on a mutually agreed upon date between May 2018 to November 2018; flexibility in scheduling is advised
- Includes farm-to-table picnic fare by a local provider
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works