Helicopter Flight Lesson over San Francisco Bay
Imagine learning to fly a helicopter while flying over the San Francisco Bay area. A safety brief including flying techniques occurs prior to takeoff. This experience also includes in-cockpit video and audio.... more less
Start out this experience with ground instruction covering safety items and learn all of the ins and outs of how a helicopter takes flight. Also, go over how to get the most out of your flight lesson. You'll then head out to the helicopter and look at some of the components and how the controls work. The instructor will then start the helicopter, explaining the process and all of the system checks.
Now it's time to fly. The instructor will take off and once the helicopter has enough altitude you'll come on the controls and start putting into the practice, the things you've learned in the classroom. You will be flying straight and level, climbing, descending and of course, doing turns. Flight time is 50 - 60 minutes depending on ATC. The entire lesson runs about an hour-and-a-half. Don't forget to take a selfie while you are flying. The included video includes an audio recording from the headset. The video format is a standard SD video card.
The only restrictions are: The student must weigh 210 lbs or less and be at least 5' tall.
- One-and-a-half-hour helicopter flight experience where you are actually on the controls flying the helicopter
- Fly by world-famous San Francisco Bay landmarks
- Ground instruction covering safety, helicopter systems and piloting techniques
- Enjoy breathtaking views from above it all
- Flight time counts towards certification
- Open seven days a week, subject to availability
- Free parking available
- Re-live the experience with your video and cockpit audio recording
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Cancellations due to weather or maintenance at the discretion of Vertical CFI Helicopters
- Must be 18 yrs or older and at least 5' tall and 210 lbs or less
- Must be able to follow instruction in English
How It Works