Design Lovers: Private Walking Tour of Chicago Architecture
Explore Chicago’s architecture in a new way with this fun and creative walking tour that puts architecture in the context of the arts and pop culture.... more less
Calling all design lovers, this is the tour for you. The fun and creative educational approach of this Chicago architecture walking tour make it unlike any other architecture tour in the city. This tour will appeal to visitors and locals alike; really anyone with a love of art history will enjoy this exclusive experience with Chicago Detours.
During this ninety minute tour, you will learn about various architectural styles, both by looking at buildings in front of us and at images and video on shared iPads, allowing you to immerse yourself in the rich history of these buildings.
This architecture walking tour goes along Michigan Avenue south of the bridge. This is a bustling route where many people walk but rarely look up. With a secret short-cut through a Pedway passage, we conclude at the very new urban playground of Maggie Daley Park.
- Private walking tour for one to eight guests
- Shared iPads with images of pop culture comparisons
- Engaging tour guide commentary
- See the Michigan Avenue Bridge, Mies van der Rohe's Illinois Center, the Diamond Building, the Aqua Tower, and the new Maggie Daley Park
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Shared iPads with historic photos and video clips
- Special gifts
How It Works