Hot-Barrel Pigeon Shooting at Montaraz Lodge in Córdoba, Argentina
Discover wild pigeon hunting the way it’s supposed to be during a three-day shooting holiday in Córdoba, Argentina.... more less
Experienced hunters will tell you that wild pigeon hunting is one of the most underrated activities in wingshooting, and there’s no better place to get started than at the Montaraz Lodge in Córdoba. For three days and three nights you and up to seven friends will indulge in luxurious meals, world-class accommodation, and incredible pigeon hunting when you head to the Montaraz Lodge. Considered one of the best pigeon shooting regions in South America, the 80 km surrounding the lodge is annually inhabited by over five million pigeons. Originally a Jesuit mission built in 1669, the facility has been reconstructed and transformed into a world-class resort. The architectural treasure features a vineyard, swimming pool, tennis court, and riding stables. Accommodating up to ten guests, the lodge is the ideal location for a group shooting holiday.
Upon arrival you’ll immediately be taken to the shooting field for an afternoon hunt. Wild pigeons are large and fast, which can make it difficult to calculate their speed and lead. Staying hidden and still in a good blind is the key to success, and your guide will be able to provide tips and assistance with anything you may need. Two types of wild pigeons can be found in Córdoba: the Spot-Winged and the Pica Zuro. Wild pigeons are tough, and their large wing surface areas make them fast and agile fliers. This is hot-barrel pigeon shooting and you'd better be ready for it!
For the next three days, you’ll enjoy a pigeon hunting adventure unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Each day will begin with a hearty breakfast and then a morning shoot. A bird boy will always be available to you to provide shells, refreshments, and anything else you may need. The field staff is familiar with the ways of the wild pigeon, and they’ll build fresh blinds and deploy decoys in the correct fashion to suit the situation. Lunch at the shooting site is provided daily around noon, which includes a variety of meats and salads, grilled dove breasts, and more. In case you over indulge on the bounty at lunch, don’t worry – there’s plenty of time to take a short siesta in a hammock before the afternoon hunt commences around 2:30.
David Denies was the first outfitter in Córdoba over 32 years ago, and he virtually pioneered high volume dove shooting in the region. Since those first years, the David Denies Company has refined wing shooting, setting a new standard for service in the lodges and in the field. Should you prefer to explore a new area or also do some dove hunting, you can even customize your trip to include a stay at the Pica Zura Lodge or the La Dormida Lodge, truly allowing yourself to experience the best wingshooting in all of Argentina.
- Available for one (1) to ten (10) people
- Three (3) nights accommodation at the Montaraz Lodge (contact us for options around shorter or longer trips)
- Two (2) hunts a day for a total of 10 hunts
- All food and beverages
- Professional guiding service
- Airport transfers: midday arrival to Córdoba Airport with a transfer directly to the shooting field and an afternoon transfer to Córdoba Airport for return flight home
- Licenses, gun rental, and shells are not included but will be arranged if needed for an additional cost
- Non-hunters can be booked as well for reduced cost. Please contact an IfOnly concierge at email@example.com or (415) 754-8167 to make arrangements.
- The lodge can be rented out entirely for a private party with seven (7) or more shooters. Please contact us for additional information.
- Experience provided in English (US)
Buying this as a gift?
read fine print
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works