Real Medieval Swordfighting Class
Could you survive a day in the world of Game of Thrones or Vikings? FLaK will give you the skills and show you how. Experience private group training in authentic medieval sword fighting!... more less
Your private group will undergo rigorous training in historically-accurate Medieval-style combat using period training weapons and gear.
Students of all skill levels will learn about authentic Medieval combat techniques as informed by historical documents and modern kinesthetics. During each low-impact yet high-intensity session, you'll engage in non-choreographed sparring using safe, historically accurate versions of weapons like swords, shields, daggers, axes and polearms.
Instructors also discuss 4th- to 15th-century history, military strategy, social codes and courtly grace. The classes are popular among martial artists and people looking for an interesting workout, Medieval enthusiasts, re-enactors, and Hollywood actors and stunt people.
Walk away from this IfOnly exclusive with a solid understanding of medieval arms and combat techniques, the evolution of weaponry and armor, as well as skills to feel comfortable "dancing with the sword."
- Engage in real sword-fighting with full armor and shields
- Learn about honor, chivalry, courtly and social graces
- Train with various weapon types and fighting styles
- All levels welcome
- Live Medieval history
- Please wear workout clothes, sneakers or boots and bring plenty of water
- For ages 14 and up (Contact Christopher if you wish to include younger children)
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Waiver must be signed and brought to first class
How It Works