Rafting the South Fork American with Beyond Limits Adventures
Private Whitewater Rafting Tour of the South Fork American River Lower Gorge Section
With over 50 whitewater rapids along its scenic course through California's historic Gold Country, the South Fork is the most popular rafting trip in the west - let Beyond Limits show you why.... more less
Beyond Limits Adventures invites you to experience one of the finest rafting trips in the Western US. The rugged canyons of the South Fork of the American River were discovered by prospectors who started California’s Gold Rush in 1849. Now these same canyons are famous for whitewater rapids which flow steadily through the summer, along with spectacular scenery and fabulous swimming holes. What a great way to spend a hot summer day, floating down a pristine river and enjoying the secrets that only an experienced guide can show you. Your trip will begin when you and your group check in at Beyond Limits’ American Rafting Center in Lotus, California.
Your private trip begins with a safety orientation, and then you will depart from the beach. Easy rapids of the first few miles allow your team to practice paddling techniques. A picnic lunch is served midway through the trip. After lunch, you will raft through the famous “Lower Gorge” section which features impressive rapids such as “Fowler’s Rock”, “Haystacks Canyon” and “Satan’s Cesspool”. After 12 miles of amazing rafting, you will arrive at Folsom Lake, where you will be shuttled back to our rafting center. Enjoy a refreshing craft beer or local wine while you view the videos and photos of your excellent river adventure.
- A private guided trip just for your group of rafters
- All rafting equipment is included in the price
- Only a two hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area
- A riverside picnic is included on this tour
- This four to five hour trip is fun for all abilities, ages seven and up
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
How It Works