Private Enhanced Chinatown Excursion & Tea Gift
Take a stroll through Chinatown with your very own area native guide. Ask as many questions and take as many pictures of our vibrant neighborhood as you wish.... more less
Learn about the history, folklore, culture and food of America's largest Chinatown.
Start in the open air living room of the community - a place of social gatherings for locals. Visit a long established cookware purveyor. See traditional architectural elements as well as murals by local artists. Peek into a produce market where residents do their daily shopping. Enjoy a visit to a premier Chinese teashop for a presentation and tasting. This tea purveyor is a favorite of locals, visitors and dignitaries. Peruse their carefully curated tea selection which includes an exclusive box of tea and beautiful glass tea infuser. Witness the fascinating process of fresh fortune cookies being made & nibble on samples.
After the tour, share a hosted luncheon - a tasting menu that includes a couple of dim sum items followed by a popular entree, side dish and dessert at a traditional Chinese restaurant.
- Learn about Chinatown's open air "living room," a gathering place for locals
- Visit a long established cookware purveyor
- View murals by local artists
- Visit local markets
- See traditional architectural elements in Chinatown buildings
- Witness fresh fortune cookies being made
- Attend a tea presentation & tea tasting in a beautiful, modern teashop and go home with your very own infuser and tea
- Enjoy a hosted dim sum luncheon with your guide
- Experience provided in English (US)
- Will be scheduled on a mutually agreeable date and time, based on luminary’s availability
- This experience is non-refundable after scheduling is complete
- Price includes exclusive time with tour leader, tea gifts & luncheon. It does not, however, include gratuity to guide. This is, of course, completely at your discretion and always appreciated
How It Works